From paper clips to file folders, and filing cabinets to computer systems, the process of storing and organizing documents is as old as paper itself. And in real estate, managing documents like contracts and vendor agreements is crucial to running a healthy business especially when you're dealing with multiple units.
PropSpace Property Management software allows you to upload the documents, where you can map the fields and then they can be generated for later use.
To upload a document, the following steps needs to be followed.
1. Go to Admin ---> Document Templates,
2. Click on "New Template", select the screen where you want the document to be generated.
3. If you want a pdf file to be generated, then under "forms" upload the pdf file.
4. As the file is uploaded, next map the fields on the document to the ones on Property Management
- Field Name: Its the name of the field
- Map field to: Needs to be mapped to the field on Property Management, if the text needs to be manually added then map the
- Text Align:the alignment of text can be center / left
- Font Size: set this to "30" as it is the standard font size.
5. Once the mapping is done "Save" the document.
Now go to the screen for which the document was uploaded, for the above example, select Leases, and select a Lease, On the right end, select "Generate Document"
All the fields would auto-populate, if any text needs to be changed, from the fields column on the left update the content.
From top right, the document can either be "Saved", "Downloaded" or "Emailed" to the client.