This article covers Trakheesi Permits, the permit that is required to publish any property advertisement in Dubai.
What is covered?
- What is a Trakheesi Permit?
- When do I need to obtain a Trakheesi Permit?
- How to obtain a Trakheesi Permit.
- How to add the Permit number to my listing in PF Expert?
- How does Property Finder validate your permit number?
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Trakheesi Permit?
If you wish to publish an advertisement for a Property (Rent or Sale) in Dubai, it is mandatory to obtain a permit from the Dubai Land Department confirming that you are allowed to advertise this property on behalf of the owner(s).
The Permit consists of 10 to 11 digits that you need to include in your listing.
The Permit is therefore required for your listing to go online on PropertyFinder and on any online marketing platform.
If the permit is not valid or expired, the listing will automatically be unpublished from the portal until you update the permit number.
When do I need to obtain a Trakheesi Permit?
If you are planning to advertise a listing that is located in Dubai, you will need to obtain a Trakheesi permit from the Dubai Land Department first before you can Publish your listing.
How to obtain a Trakheesi Permit?
Trakheesi Permits are issued by the Dubai Land Department.
- Create your listing on PF Expert, save it as a draft, and Generate Property Brochure.
- Register and create an account in the Trakheesi system (if you do not have a pre-existing account) or login to the system and choose the "Permit" services and set the type to "Electonic Advertisement". (See Screenshots below).
- Fill in the data, attach the required documents including the Brochure, and send the application.
- The request is submitted and will be verified by the DLD, and once approved you will receive a notification of approval through the system.
- Select a payment method, and pay the fees electronically.
- You will receive the permit number that you can add to your listing.
After logging in, select Permit. (Step 2)
Then choose Electronic Permit. (Step 2)
Note: Please contact DLD support for more information about the process.
How to add the Permit Number to your listing in PF Expert?
Edit the listing in PF Expert and add the permit after selecting RERA in the Property Details Section.
How does Property Finder validate your permit number?
PF Expert is connected to the DLD Validation system via an API.
The following items are validated to ensure that the listing is in compliance with the DLD requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions
PF Expert validates the permits directly with the DLD system through the DLD-provided API.
If you are getting an error that the Permit is invalid, Unable to Validate the Permit, or Permit is Expired, please contact the DLD support to confirm that your Premit is correct (Valid, Issued for your License, Correct Purpose).
If the permit you added does not match the property type, or if your permit is not issued to your company's license number, PF Expert will tag the listing invalid and automatically take it offline until you update the permit number.
If you have a property that you would like to rent out as a holiday home (Monthly, Weekly, or Daily), you will need to obtain a DTCM permit from The Department of Economy and Tourism.
Secondry Sale No, each listing should have a unique permit number.
Rent It should be a unique permit, however, if your permit number contains both purposes (Rent and Sale) then you can use the same permit once for Sale, and once for Rent.
Off Plan Yes, you can use one unique permit per project.
You can check the DLD's own user guide here.
Information in this article is retrieved from the DLD website and is subject to change.